Friday, January 7, 2011

Mind Jogging

So I've been thinking. My brain needs exercise. I know that probably sounds really weird, but it just feels like 'jogging', so for this absolutely random post, I'm going to indulge in that desire. I know this sounds extremely odd and corny, and that this entire post may sound like a starving artist, but sometimes, ya just need to -run- with it.

Peace. Hope. Joy. Ire. Sadness. Irony. Love.

Umbrella. This makes me think of rain. I love it when it rains, especially on a warm summer day, when it's extremely hot, even though the sun is behind the clouds. Then the rain starts falling, and even though you are hot, it cools you down to perfection. In that moment, there is nothing that you want more than to sit there all day and feel the rain on your face. The smell of rain clears your head and helps you think clearly. The lightning sparks your sense and makes you feel as though you are small, yet important all at the same time. The rainbow afterwards is pleasing to the soul and lets you know that this life is worth living. There is good in the world and nothing can take that away from you.

Butterfly. This makes me think of their wings. The intricate designs on each delicate wing make you know that this world, this life, was not an accident. There is a Creator. Watching them flutter by is so peaceful. They are flying, which to us makes us think they are defying gravity, but it's the opposite; it's natural and exactly the way it should be. They fly from flower to flower without a care in the world except to carry with them the necessity to make this world a more beautiful place. Innocence. One tiny touch can ruin their design, and one more could ruin their flight forever. Tenderness.

Play-doh. This makes me think of children. A lot of people think of children as snot-nosed brats that get in the way. This is not true. In fact, I think that about some adults sometimes. Often, those people, and that thought of mine, coincide. To play of a fair field, my children. I haven't been blessed with children yet, but it is a desire that I long for in the future. Nine months of labor to bond with my child, carrying it around at all times. Feeling the nudges would be like getting a baby message, "Mommy, I'm still here. I'll be there soon. In the meantime, I'm enjoying this time with you. Thank you for sharing your body with me", which may sound creepy to some people, but only due to the media. After successfully bringing them into the world, seeing their face for the first time is the most rewarding. The second most rewarding would be seeing the father's face when he sees is baby for the first time. There's no greater joy than an eternal family.

Pig. I think of my coworker. That thought alone makes me fume at the ears.
Headache. This makes me think of excruciating pain. A thousand hammers pounding on the wall on your day off from work. You are at home in your PJs watching your favorite show and eating comfort food, and all you can hear are the thousand of hammers pounding in your eardrums. The noise, the pain. The spoiling factor of what should have been a perfect day. Perfect. Like the Savior. Hammer. Nails. Nailed to the cross. The cruelty of those the crucified our Savior. Our Redeemer. Who did the most good for this world of anyone who walked it. Imagine watching your best friend tormented and sent to die. Your brother. After giving you the only thing that could help you return to live with your Father.

I find it ironic that I can have two such opposite thoughts in the same brain. The first going against everything that the second stands for. I'm about at the point where my brain has had it's workout. Time for a cool down.

Spencer. All I can think is how happy I have been for the past 11 months. The timing was nothing short of perfect. He always says I'm perfect, and I always have to correct him by saying "Perfect for you". Well he is perfect for me as well. If I could, I would have married him six months ago. I grow to love him more everyday, and right when I think that I can't love him more, I find that I can the very next day. Happy 11th monthiversary Spencer. ;) Here's more irony. He was the one that remembered. lol

Alright, I'm done. This was my lazy exercise, wanting to work out my brain but not having any specific topic to write about. Forgive my corniness. I'll have a more sensible post soon!

No comments: