Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dodgeball Diet

Good news! The callous from my jiggling and jangling episodes is slowly going away! I can get in my car, turn the key, and lo and behold!, it will start for me! Also, there is that plastic stuff on the grip of the key, as opposed to bare medal, so it feels real niiice!

I have a new-found love for dodgeball. I have played the past two nights in a row, and I could have played for the past two days in a row straight. I have a tendancy, though, to not listen to my body when it tells me to stop, and every muscle in my body is aching. Who knew that I even used half of those muscles to play dodgeball?!? I think I have a new workout to suggest for clients in the future. " Mrs. Samm, I want to tone up my muscles. All of them. What should I do?", "Oh, I have just the thing for you Mr. Client! I call it the Dodgeball Diet. No, it has nothing to do with eating, but you'll always be hungry for more!"

Man, oh man, I love being cheesy.

So, yesterday, as I pulled into our parking lot at work, I had the sudden urge to say the Pledge of Allegiance, solely because I wanted to say, "One nation, under God". I can't quite put my finger on why, except for at times, I'm just a "Why not!" type of gal.

I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, (in yo face to those who wanted to take it out) indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

More good news! For those who missed my "Theoretical Construction" post, I became bored with my layout. "Of course you did, Samm, it's all white!" This 'whiteboard', as I've come to know it as, happened recently. I just took all color out, with the help of my brilliant Spencer, and my own 'computer know-hows'. If I think of it as a whiteboard, then it's easier for me to focus on what I want it to look like. I may not be the best of artists free-hand, (or any other way), but I do enjoy creating, and this 'whiteboard' look is a blank canvas for my itching, creative fingers! So I've come up with an idea for my layout and it'll be forthcoming relatively soon! (redudant?).

Things I'm thankful for: Free burritoes!  The freedom to recite the pledge where I want, how I want, and with as many commas as I darn well please. The ability to create. The ability to relate. (referring to my aunt's most recent post all about creating things ;) )  The ability to rhyme ;). Turning old grudges into new, beautiful friendships. Puns ;) And the prospect of ice cream in my near future!

No comments: