Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Retrosexually Patient

Today, I left for work, and moth flew on my windshield. I said hello, Mr. Moth, where to? And he said, oh, I just noticed you were going to the bank. My wife, Mrs. Moth, is stuck inside of your bank and would like to be let out. She will be waiting for you at the door. And I said will do, Mr. Moth, take care! And he flew away. I got to my bank, and Mrs. Moth flew out just as soon as I opened the door. Does that count as my good deed for the day?

"No good deed goes unpunished" - Poor little Elphaba from Wicked.

News about the Big 12, Colorado left for the Pac 10, Nebraska left for the Big 10, and what of the rest of us? Well, espn.com reports that "The University of Texas on Monday said it was staying in the Big 12, followed moments later by pledges from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M to remain in a league that had seemed to be falling apart last week when Nebraska (Big Ten) and Colorado (Pac-10) decided to leave over the next two years."

For more information about all of this, go to doubletfaithful.blogspot.com

So I realized something today. I have 3 coworkers: Tiff, Janice, and Jen. We all generally get along, but you can definitely tell that 'teams' have formed. There is Tiff with Janice, then me with Jen. Maybe it's because Jen used to be LDS and we have the same values. Maybe it's because we both have work ethic. Maybe it's because we want to do what we know is right and not cheat our way through life. In my opinion, the other 'team' lacks in all of those categories, (lack of values, ethics, moral fiber...). I don't mean to be judgmental in any way, but I have never met a more disagreeable person, nor a more selfish person, than Tiffanie. In fact, I don't even think there is a word that can accurately describe her. Horrid comes the closest, yet still understated.

So call me nerdy, but I love www.m-w.com . It's an online dictionary. Today, I looked up the word patient. Did you know there are 5 different definitions?
1 : bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint
2 : manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain
3 : not hasty or impetuous
4 : steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity
5 a : able or willing to bear —used with of b : susceptible, admitting

Also, the word of the day? Retrosexual. Check out this picture they had to describe retrosexual. I never knew. :)

Institute tonight. Then, not sure what I'll be doing, but I need to catch up on sleep so this will be the only post of the day.

Random thoughts of the day: I need to work on my backwards-driving skills. I'm getting better, but I need to get this art down to perfection. As soon as I can afford a new piano, that puppy will be in my house. Notice I said my house, as in my own house, because that's how long it will take me to afford one.

Things I am thankful for: Pixie sticks. Good books. Heaters. Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole. Baron Batch. The World Cup. Jamar Wall. The ability to handle ridiculously difficult people in a civilized manner.

No comments: