Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Past Tense

I've realized something about myself. Although I am a fast typer, my fingers can't keep up with my brain. I'll be thinking eighty different things that I want to say, but I can only say one thing at a time. This is why my posts are always scatterbrained and more often than not, don't make a lot of sense. At the very least, they don't convey what I originially planned on conveying. Oh well.

Several years ago, Laura introduced me to Past Samm. I constantly thank Past Samm. If I pick out my outfit for the day the night before, more often than not I forget that I did that. Then, when I'm rushing around in the morning with only five minutes to get ready, oh look! Past Samm has already picked out the outfit for you! Thanks Past Samm! Or if I get my water for work ready the night before so I'm not late because I don't want to die of thirst, the next day, it's all ready, Thanks Past Samm! With my mind slowly going, I thank Past Samm a lot. Laura also pointed out to me that once I make my food, I always leave it. I never realize that I do this, but Spencer likes to make fun of me for it now too. Laura will even hide my food. On occasion, I'll forget I even made it, think, "Hmm, I'm hungry!", go into the kitchen and spot my already-made food, and thank Past Samm once again. I just hate when Past Samm forgets to do things, so Present Samm has to make up for it. Just looking out for Future Samm.


Speaking of the past, I remember loving typewriters. I'm not sure why, I grew up in the computer era, but I adored them! I remember visiting my grandparents on my mother's side and typing on my grandpa's typewriter. I would type pointless, meaningless stories about nothing. I wish I still had those. I might, actually, my mom keeps everything. But they were just short stories I would think up because I loved typing on that thing! And possibly the mini-writer deep inside me that I got from my dad.

I'll be going to Dallas this weekend. I'm pretty excited. I think the 4th of July is my most favorite holiday! I love Christmas very much, but that time of year can stress me out like no other! Same with Thanksgiving. But with the 4th of July, all you have to do is show up and enjoy!

I should get me a penpal. A random person that I can email back and forth. The beauty of penpals is the newness of the relationship that never leaves. You just chat back and forth over absolutely nothing at all. You never meet this person, you don't know them, so the politeness that is there in every relationship at the beginning never leaves. The pleasantries remain and you only have happy conversations to look forward to.

I'm finally going to see How to Train a Dragon after work tonight for girls night. I haven't had a girls night in a while so it'll be fun!

Random thoughts: I've begun to realize this portion of my posts everyday is almost meaningless, seeing as how every thing I say in my blog is generally a random thought!

Things I'm thankful for: Dollar stores. Fireworks. Hot Dogs. Water. Soft Kleenex. Straws. And not having to write anymore papers for school. The only writing I do is on here, and I can make as many grammatical errors as I please. And I do please. Like starting my sentences with "and".

2 comments:

Delirious said...

I have this blog I follow that is called "Nie and You". The author, Nie, posts a picture a day. Then a sort of pen pal of her's who lives in Germany posts a picture on the same blog. So you can see what their lives are like thousands of miles apart. I would love to do that too! (If you are interested, you can go to my profile and you will see the link to that blog)

Mrs. Rogers said...

I'll definitely check it out!