Friday, June 11, 2010

Chaos

What a day. I won't get into details, no one wants to read a venting session, but it was quite the challenge to keep my mouth shut. I'm not much for confrontation, but it took every ounce of my will power to not go off on a coworker.

In short, mistakes were made, people were mad, coworkers were difficult, and the new system complicated things all the more.

All this, on top of a huge debate this morning. The World Cup started today! Some thought futbol was gay, some thought football was gay. I thought they were both ridiculously wrong and would like to see EITHER of them try playing in the NFL/NCAA, or the World Cup. I hate phonies. Like my coworker. She's going to the Ranger's game the weekend of the 4th of July. I bet she thinks she's going to watch basketball, and she hopes they score a touchdown! ...

"Does that make me craaaaazaaay? Does that make me craaazaaaay?" - Gnarls Barkley

Because work has been so crazy, I haven't been able to keep up with the World Cup or the 'death of the Big 12'. Colorado moved to the Pac 10 yesterday and Nebraska moved to the Big 10 today. We'll find out about everyone else, apparently within the week. Hey, Big 12 six, I'd actually like to know within the hour, if my vote counts for anything. Which it doesn't.

If anyone has ways to deal with difficult coworkers, please, let me know. I've never been around a more difficult person in my life. Or yours. That's how impossible she is.

Tonight, I will be making dinner for Spencer. I'm pretty excited. Although the actual preparation will be stressful since I have never made this dish before, it'll be worth it. Plus, afterwards, we are going to the drive in to see Prince of Persia. I fully expect to get my fill of the World Cup tonight, my fill of this particular dish for dinner, and action movies all in one. Going to be a good night. That thought is the only thing keeping me going today. This is also why I'm posting now, as opposed to before I go to bed at night. I fully expect to get home around 2, come back, and crash. After attempting to read through an Ensign article for Institute, but end up nodding and dozing through the whole thing. Do you get points for trying?

Random thoughts for the day: Thinking about said coworker in a swimsuit makes me wish I had thought about kissing a cockroach instead. I think the world should write down their to-d0 lists on yellow sticky notes. Not only do they stick for your convience, but the color yellow is such a happy friendly color, it brings a new optimism to the stressful must-do's in life.

Things I am thankful for today: Spencer, who always knows how to brighten a poopy day. My boss, who looks like a saint compared to other people's bosses. The numbers 1-10 that I have used way too many times today, yet continually bring me patience. Youtube, that has supplied me with an endless amount of football videos.

No comments: