Saturday, March 3, 2012

Malware, Booo!!!

So I'm not sure if it was a comment on my last post or something else but I was able to work around the malware warnings and delete this post so hopefully there won't be anymore problems!! So sorry for the inconvenience!!! The post minus comment or picture or whatever caused the problem is as follows!:

Over the summer, I was seriously considering whether or not I should attend Texas Tech University; not debating the university, but whether I should continue my education at all.

The more I thought about it, the more confused I became. Spencer and I both firmly believe that I need to stay at home once the children come, taking care of them and the house. However, until they come, I need to work. I felt really ... small... because of my lack of aspirations. We also feel that, once the children are either all in school, or later graduated from school, if I need to work the requirement in the future will no longer be (generally) an Associates, but a Bachelors.

Once we came to this conclusion, I was bothered because I feel like getting a Bachelors in Exercise and Sports Science (ESS) seemed unnecessary for the particular field I wanted to go in. I was feeling very discouraged and confused. We prayed about it frequently. I didn't want to pay $16,000 for a degree I might use in the future.

Then, the last few weeks of the summer, several things happened. I found out that I had received two grants, paying for over half of each semester for the next two semesters, making my tuition less than what I paid at the local community college. Money was no longer the issue, so we decided to ponder degree options.

After more praying, and self-assessment with Spencer, we decided I should go into Psychology. I'd like to be a school counselor, but a part of me would love to be some sort of therapist, (psychotherapist), counselor, or psychologist.

Now, I feel like I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do. I'm not entirely sure where I am headed yet, but I know it's in the right direction, and I'm so thankful for His help. I know I'm doing what he wants me to because of the experiences I've had in my classes. I'm taking Psychology and Religion, and nearly every day I just want to stand up and shout, "But I DO KNOW the TRUTH!!! I can share it with you ALL if you just listen!!! You don't have to wonder anymore!!!". In my Introduction to Counseling and Psychotherapy class, one of the first things we did was make a list of things needed for an effective therapist. I felt like I was making the list of my strong suits, of the gifts that the Lord has given me.

I know I've made the right decision. It such an overwhelmingly comforting feeling to finally feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be doing what I'm supposed to be doing, regarding school and possible future careers. I guess this was just my way of A) Letting family and friends know what's going on with me and B) Showing my gratitude and appreciation to the Lord for guiding me, and sharing my testimony that the Lord may not answer your prayers immediately, or even in the way you think, but that He WILL.

No comments: