Friday, September 2, 2011

Far Too Long

It's been way too long since my last post!

I would love to take some pictures of our new apartment and put them up! Right now I plan on doing it, but I may very well get lazy and not do it. However, as of now, stay posted!!

I started my junior year at Texas Tech University. It's been crazy, crazy stressful, but I know it'll get better with time. I am going for my Bachelor's in Psychology. I also feel like I'm getting CAPITAL LETTER -happy in this post lol.

The latest news: Spencer mis-stepped going down some steep stairs at the leisure pool and broke a bone in his foot. For you medically inclined, he has a fracture in his 5th metatarsal (the small bone behind his pinky toe.) Nothing is out of place, so there was nothing they could do about it, but they gave him a boot to make walking a little easier on his ankle, which has been nice.

On my part, I was having really bad chest pains whenever I breathed too deeply or exerted myself. I went to the get it checked out, after having ruled out heart burn, and I was diagnosed with Pleurisy. Basically, the lining around my lungs and chest is inflamed. I had to have a blood test, an x-ray, and an EKG done today. I went to the Student Wellness Center at Tech. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE STUDENT WELLNESS CENTER if you are a student at Tech!! I had the best medical service and experience I have ever had. I don't even have health insurance, which worried me, and yet I walked out only paying $65 for the visit AND all the tests/x-rays.

Both of our problems can be resolved with the right amount of ibuprofen and time, thankfully! I feel really blessed that Spencer's foot wasn't more severely injured and that my chest pains weren't more severe than they are.

I could go on longer, telling about my classes (I'm taking a Psychology and Religion class that is interesting) but I don't have a lot more time. In short, the other thing I want to share is we have both involved ourselves at Tech. Spencer was accepted into a Photography internship, and I joined the Celtic Ensemble! lol This will be an interesting semester.

No comments: